We all love to get freebies! Here are 9 tips to get lots of great free samples by mail.
- Before you start getting freebies, be sure to install antivirus and spyware programs on your computer and schedule them to run regularly. Most freebies and freebie sites are legitimate, but there are some that spoil it for everyone else.
- Also, get a separate email account that you use just for samples before you start requesting free stuff by mail. You might get legitimate email information regarding a certain product, or you could get spam. It's best to keep this separate from your regular email.
- Subscribe to several blogs and sites that specialize in samples. Frugal Follies lists some great freebies but doesn't specialize in free samples. So find some other great blogs and sites and subscribe to them.
- When you learn about a possible freebie, act quickly! There are a limited number of samples available and once they're gone, that's it.
- Look for free product coupons as well as free samples. You'll still have to go to the store to get your free sample, but if you were headed there anyway, then it's really no big deal.
- Don't give out unneeded personal information such as your phone number, social security number, or information about the names and ages of your children. Most legitimate samples will only ask for a name, address, email address, and possibly a birthdate (to be sure you are over 18 years old).
- Only give out the necessary information and no more. Usually the required information will be marked with an asterisk.
- Never give out a credit card or bank routing number to get a freebie. You should not have to be charged a shipping or handling fee for your freebie.
- Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If you're offered free iPhone apps 2013, then it's probably a good freebie. If you're offered a free iPhone, it probably isn't.
(This post is sponsored by All Free Samples. All opinions are 100% mine. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)