Want to save on house cleaning? Here are some tips:
- Declutter! The less you have, the less that will need to be cleaned. Plus, a home without clutter automatically appears cleaner than one with lots of stuff all over the place.
- Make your own cleaning products from simple, inexpensive ingredients. You can make all sorts of cleaning products yourself: general purpose cleaners, glass cleaners, furniture cleaners, and more! Check MakeYourOwnCleaners.com for many recipes.
- Purchase cleaning products on sale and with coupons. By combining a store deal with coupon, you can often get products for cheap or even free. Check out these cleaning coupons.
- Get your children involved! Even young children can help with cleaning. Consult this list of age-appropriate chores for children.
- If you wish to hire someone to clean your house, ask friends and relatives for references. Or try searching the Internet with keywords referring to your local area - if you live in Raleigh, NC, you might search on "raleigh house cleaning service." Or perhaps there's a teenager or college student in your area who'd like to make some extra money by cleaning your house.