With Passover over on Saturday evening, I ran out to Publix to splurge a little on our Saturday night dinner. I wanted to make pasta with sauce, salad, garlic bread, and dessert. But I didn't have a few items I needed. So I went to shop, but I broke pretty much all my rules:
- I didn't check the weekly ad, or look at an online coupon matchup site.
- Obviously, I didn't bring any coupons.
- I didn't have a list, other than an idea of what I wanted to make.
- I shopped at a busy time.
- I hadn't eaten anything before shopping, and I was pretty tired.
- I took my two younger daughters with me.
- I - get this one! - let my youngest daughter pick whatever she wanted from the bakery for dessert.
Here's what I got:
Dobie pad @ $2.00
2 Fresh Express lettuce @ BOGO $3.99
1 half-dozen glazed chocolate donuts @ $2.49
1 Italian 5-grain baguette @ $2.09
Total product: $10.57
Total bill: $10.69
Pay with $5 gift card from Running Out? Run In promotion
Total out of pocket: $5.69
Total saved compared to Publix full prices: $10.88
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)