I went to Publix today and got some great deals - and paid nothing out of pocket!
You see, lots of bloggers were running Publix $25 gift card giveaways recently. (I did not run one this time.) I decided to enter as many as I could, so I used these tips to find and enter the giveaways.
Most of the giveaways I entered, I didn't win... but I did win two of them! So now I have $50 in Publix gift cards to stretch as far as I can! Woohoo!
For the purposes of my weekly totals, though, I'll count the amount taken off the gift card as the amount I spent for that trip.
As for my Publix shopping this week, it was a pretty dull week, as I mentioned in my Best South Florida Publix Deals post. I was only able to get to $50 in products (to use my $5 off $50 Doris Italian Market - a competitor store to my local Publix - coupon from Recyclebank) by including my daughter's Goodnites in the purchase. I also purchased a few bags of Eat Smart vegetables to get my balance above $50. But any reason is a good reason to buy fresh vegetables.
So here's what I got:
3 Eat Smart Vegetables @ $1.00 = $3.00
2 Kashi GoLean Crisp cereal @ $2.99 = $5.98
- 2 $2.00/1 Kashi product (Recyclebank)
- $1/2 Kashi GOLEAN Cereal (Whole Foods)
= 98¢ for two, or 49¢ each
2 Sun-Dry sundried tomato pesto @ BOGO $4.29
= $2.15 each
2 Planters peanuts @ BOGO $3.89
- $1.50/2 Planters Peanuts, exp. 4/30/12 (SS 01/29/12 R)
- $1/2 Planters Snack Item Target printable
= $1.39 for two, or 70¢ each
2 Keebler Club crackers @ BOGO $3.87
- $1/2 Keebler Club Crackers printable
- $1/2 Keebler Crackers Target printable
= $1.87 for two, or 94¢ each
2 Crisco extra-virgin olive oil @ BOGO $5.95
= $2.98 each
4 Progresso bread crumbs @ BOGO $1.95 = $3.90
- $1/4 Progresso Products (Publix Printable) (or available in-store)
= $2.90 for four, or 73¢ each
Goodnites, 27 ct, @ $19.99
- $1/1 GoodNites Underpants printable (also available: $2/1 GoodNites Underwear printable)
- $2.00 /1 Huggies or Goodnites coupon (in-ad coupon)
- $5 off $50 Doris Italian Market coupon from Recyclebank
Total product before payment: $32.57
Pay for Goodnites with Health Care Savings account card (takes off $21.19: $19.99 cost and $1.20 tax)
Total taken off gift card: $11.38
Total saved compared to Publix full prices: $48.02
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)