I stopped by Walgreens to get a prescription, but also to take advantage of the Friends & Family discount! On December 13 only, there is a discount of 15% on most items, and 20% on certain Walgreens brand items, with a printable coupon from the Walgreens site. And, I had some Register Rewards from Black Friday to use up. So, everything came together well!
And, I found lots of manufacturer's coupon matchups from the Pick Up the Values booklet that I picked up at Publix several weeks ago. I hadn't used a single coupon from them so far, but here I was able to use three! Overall, I saved 88%.
Here's what I got at Walgreens - prices include the 15% discount.
2 Scott Naturals paper towels 6 pack @ $4.24 = $8.48
- 2 $1/1 Scott paper towels, exp. 1/31/14 (Pick Up The Values booklet)
- 2 $1/1 Scott Naturals Paper Towels (Walgreens, Dec)
= 4.48 for two, or $2.24 each
2 Speed Stick @ BOGO $2.54
- 2 $0.75/1 Lady Speed Stick or Speed Stick Deodorant, exp. 1/31/14 (Pick Up The Values booklet)
= $1.04 for two, or 52¢ each
2 Softsoap body wash @ BOGO $4.07
- 2 $0.75/1 Softsoap Body Wash, exp. 1/31/14 (Pick Up The Values booklet)
= $2.57 for two, or $1.28 each
2 Hunt's tomato sauce @ 21¢ (with in-ad coupon) = 42¢
- $6 in Register Rewards ($3, $3)
Total spent: $3.42
Total saved compared to Walgreens full prices: $25.01
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)