A while back, I had the chance to make one of my favorite recipes, Chicken Basquaise, with the addition of Carbonell Spanish Olive Oil!
Much like Spanish wine, Spanish olive oil offers a distinctively different flavor that liberates meat, fish and vegetable dishes from the confines of traditional, expected taste. Carbonell olive oil, since 1866, is only produced and bottled in Spain. Its quality and tradition have made it one of the preferred brands all over the world. Carbonell Extra Virgin olive oil has an intense flavor that is delicious in salads or as a base for dips, dressings and as a seasoning in many dishes.
Check out my recipe for Chicken Basquaise!
And here's another great recipe using Carbonell olive oil - Apple and Mango Marinated Chicken!
APPLE AND MANGO MARINATED CHICKEN
1/2 cup Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil
4 cleaned free-range, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 3-inch strips)
2 cups fresh apple cider
2 cups mango juice or your favorite equivalent (guava, pineapple or blend)
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. kosher salt
additional kosher salt and black pepper for seasoning
after the marinating process
1. Remove any fat and cartilage from the chicken breast and cut into small 3-inch strips.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together juices, salt, pepper and Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil.
3. In a glass baking dish, container or resealable plastic bag, lay the strips of chicken in the marinade and let them sit overnight for maximum results.
4. Remove the chicken from marinade and season both sides of the chicken with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper (50/50 blend).
5. Heat outdoor or indoor grill to high and place strips on it, quickly grilling each side. Do not overcook the chicken as these little strips will cook in about 3-5 minutes total cooking time (remember some of the acids from the juices have broken down the chicken already).
6. Remove cooked chicken from the grill and place in a new clean container.
7. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and let chicken rest (it will continue to cook slightly). Serve over a simple salad or roasted corn salad.
Would you like to give Carbonell Olive Oil a try? Use the Carbonell Product Locator (click the "Locate" button) to find a location near you that carries Carbonell products - for me, Carbonell can be purchased at a nearby Walmart!
And also print a coupon for Carbonell olive oil!
Or would you like to try it for free?
Frugal Follies is hosting a giveaway for a free Carbonell Olive Oil prize pack!
The prize pack includes:
- 1 16-oz bottle of Carbonell olive oil in a variety of your choice
- 1 Carbonell apron
- 1 Carbonell tote bag
- 1 Carbonell hand towel
- 3 single-serving packets of Carbonell olive oil
The giveaway ends on Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM Eastern time. Open to US residents 18 and older. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)