Enter below, then leave a comment. Thanks!
Welcome to the Back to School Blast!
Getting your family prepared to head back to school, can be difficult especially after a long, fun-filled summer. Here are a few of our favorite Back to School Tips to help you along the way.
- Back-to-School Supplies Checklist - Backpack? Check. Pencils? Check. Safety scissors? Not Yet. Use the same checklist each time you head out to grab supplies, to keep track of what you have already purchased and the things you still need to. These are also handy if you have more than one child. Simply print 2, 3, 4 lists and add their name to the top. Check with your child's school to see if the teacher has already prepared a supply list for you.
- Make lunches, don't buy! The cost of school lunches adds up. In my district, an elementary school lunch costs $2.00. Over a 180-day year, that's $360. If you have three kids, that's over $1,000!
- Watch the school supply sales at drug stores and grocery stores. Each week starting around the middle of the summer (that's now!), drug stores will have a few school supply items on sale at bargain-basement prices.
- Need new shoes for the kids? Watch for shoe store coupons here at Frugal Follies. You can often get a great pair of shoes for just a little!
- Buy a couple of fall outfits for the kids in case the weather gets cold early, but otherwise wait to buy new fall clothes for them until after the first day of fall, September 21. Sales on fall clothes will start then as the stores start bringing out winter clothes.
The Back to School Blast was organized by Mom Powered Media.
Please take a moment to also visit our lovely co-hosts, whom without them great things such as these would not be possible: My Vegan Gluten-Free Life, Plum Crazy About Coupons, Capri's Coupons, Downshifting - Your Family, Your Home, Your Life, Jack of all trades, Master of Mom™, Quick Tattletails, Mew Review and Iowa Mom.
One lucky winner will receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card!
Giveaway ends August 15th at 11:59pm, open worldwide, ages 18+. If the winner resides outside of the US, they will receive Paypal cash. To enter please use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Frugal Follies is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment. Please contact email@example.com with questions!
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)