Choosing a domain name is one of the most important decisions you'll make for your site. Here are some tips for making a great domain name:
- Go with a .com extension. People may not remember other extensions.
- Use keywords in your name. If someone was to search for the information on your site, what would they type into a search engine? Make sure at least some of those words are in your site domain name.
- Keep it fairly short.
- Make it memorable - not similar to already-existing sites. Do lots of searches to make sure.
- Don't use words that are often misspelled in your domain name.
- Don't use the number zero - it can be misread as the capital letter O.
- Don't use hyphens - people will forget to put them in.
- Up to 70% off Domains at Network Solutions - Code: SAVE70DAF
- Network Solutions® NEW coupon for $5.99/month Hosting - Code: HOST0004AF
- $4.99/month Websites at Network Solutions®! - Code: WEBSITE1AF
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)