Today is the 3rd anniversary of Frugal Follies!
noun, plural -lies
1. the state or quality of being foolish; lack of understanding or sense.
2. a foolish action, practice, idea, etc.; absurdity: the folly of performing without a rehearsal.
3. a costly and foolish undertaking; unwise investment or expenditure.
4. Architecture - a whimsical or extravagant structure built to serve as a conversation piece, lend interest to a view, commemorate a person or event, etc.: found especially in England in the 18th century.
5. follies, a theatrical revue.
Over the winter break of 2009, I thought about starting my own blog to share some of the great deals I found at the grocery and drug stores, as well as some of my flops. Hence the name of the blog - it would be a both a place to show off a shopping performance, and also to poke a bit of fun at myself. Here's my first post!
But has Frugal Follies been "a costly and foolish undertaking"? I don't think so. Over the past three years, the mission of this blog has gone beyond just describing my shopping trips and money-saving actions, to sharing coupons, deals, and freebies with you, as well as reviews and giveaways. I've learned a lot just by writing these blog entries, and I hope you've learned a lot as well!
So to all my readers, commenters, Facebook fans and Twitter followers, thank you so very, very much! And here's to many more years of coupons, deals, freebies, and fun!
To celebrate, I'll be holding a special giveaway starting tomorrow to thank all of you! Stay tuned!
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)