Love Publix? Enter to win a Publix $25 gift card!
Publix this week is running their Running Out? Run In promotion. If you purchase $30 in selected General Mills and Procter & Gamble products, you can earn a $5 gift card.
Unlike the last promotion, I just didn't find enough good deals to try to earn the gift card. The only product on the list I ended up buying was Charmin toilet paper. And even that was a bummer, as I couldn't find the $1/2 Publix in-store coupon for Charmin.
But I bought lots of eggs and cheese - perfect for making omelets!
I used four free dozen egg coupons from the Spring Gatherings booklet (found at the Publix GreenWise Market) and bought eight packages of Sargento cheese. It wasn't the best deal, but I took the opportunity to stock up on types of shredded cheese that ALDI doesn't stock, such as Swiss and Parmesan. (Shredded Parmesan is my eldest daughter's favorite kind of cheese, bar none!)
I also got two blocks of cheddar cheese and one block of mozzarella, which, while not super cheap, were a lot less expensive with coupons.
And I was also able to get four boxes of Milkbite granola bars for only 62¢ each!
Here's what I got:
1 Charmin toilet paper @ $3.99
- $1.00/1 Charmin (P&G Have You Tried This Yet?)
8 Sargento shredded cheese @ $2.50
4 dozen Publix eggs @ $1.69 = $6.76
- FREE Publix Large Eggs wyb (2) Sargento Shredded Cheeses, exp. 5/26/12 (Publix Spring Gatherings)
1 Sorrento mozzarella @ $3.50
- $1/1 Sorrento Block Mozzarella Cheese, exp. 5/31/12 (SS 02/12/12)
2 Kraft chunk cheese, 8 oz, @ $2.50 = $5.00
- 2 $1.00/1 Kraft cheese Publix coupon (Cooking With Kraft)
= $3.00 for two, or $1.50 each
1 Mott's applesauce @ $1.67
- $0.55/1 Mott's Sauce or Medleys Snack Cups, exp. 6/24/12 (SS 05/13/12)
4 Milkbite granola bars @ $2.99 = $11.96
- 4 BOGO Milkbite Publix coupon (Cooking With Kraft)
- 2 $0.75/1 Kraft MilkBite Milk & Granola Bars printable
- 2 $1/1 Kraft Milkbite Milk and Granola Bars printable
= $2.48 for four, or 62¢ each
- $5 off $50 Publix coupon (Redplum mailer)
Total product: $27.09
Total out of pocket: $27.33
Total product compared to Publix full prices: $43.40
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)