Here are some tips on saving on home security systems from eHow.com:
- If your security system is wireless, you may be able to install it yourself.
- Decide whether your system should be monitored or not. Monitoring will cost more, but if the alarm goes off, the company may call you as well as law enforcement.
- Check to make sure that the company installing your system is bonded and insured. (In fact, any company which works on your home should be bonded and insured.)
- Be sure that there is a warranty on the system.
- Compare all costs: the system itself, installation, and monitoring.
- Check to see where the monitoring company is located. You many want local monitoring; if you are located in Ocean City, Maryland, try ADT Security Ocean City. Or you may want a company that has many monitoring sites; if one goes down, other sites will continue monitor your home.
(Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HomeSecurityFamily. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)