If you have back pain, you might be looking for non-surgical options. This makes sense because not only are non-surgical options less invasive, but they're also much less expensive. Here are some options to consider:
- Chiropractic care - My husband has had back problems for much of his adult life. When he goes to the chiropractor every few weeks, his problems are minimized. But when he skips these appointments, his back problems start to flare up. Check the American Chiropractic Association to find a chiropractor near you.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs or epidurals may help alleviate pain.
- Physical therapy - it's possible to alleviate some pain through therapy.
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET) heats the tissues of a spinal disc, which causes the tissues to shrink.
- If you have stenosis of the spine, the AccuraScope™ Procedure can be used to both diagnose and treat causes of chronic back pain.