Here are a few tips for saving money on flower arrangements for Mom:
- If it's in season, try picking your own from your garden. Arrange with other foliage from your plants and shrubs.
- Consider making flowers out of tissue paper. You can search for lots of great directions to make these.
- Or, consider purchasing artificial flowers from a craft store. You can often find coupons for craft store purchases in the Sunday newspaper.
- Give a flowering potted plant - it will live much longer, as long as the recipient cares for it well.
- If you're purchasing cut flowers, look for flowers that are in-season and native to your area.
- Look for alternate places to purchase flowers. I have often seen discount flower bouquets at ALDI. Most grocery stores also have a floral department.
- Stop by your local florist at the end of the day - perhaps there are arrangements and bouquets that they can sell you at a discount. It doesn't hurt to ask!
- Try getting an arrangement sent on a day other than the big holidays like Mother's Day and Valentine's Day. A florist might charge a premium for delivery on those big days.
For instance, check out the Always A Lady arrangement shown above. Isn't it just gorgeous? It consists of one dozen white roses with pink asiatic lilies and variegated pittosporum in a classic clear glass vase. This item is hand-arranged and delivered by a local Teleflora florist. It's valued at $72.95 + $14.95 delivery.
Mom would definitely love this, or any of the other elegant Teleflora arrangements. To learn more about Teleflora, follow Teleflora on Facebook.
Would you like to have this beautiful arrangement sent to a loved one for free?
Frugal Follies is sponsoring a giveaway for an Always A Lady bouquet!
The Always a Lady bouquet will be sent to a recipient of your choice located in the United States after May 15th. (Note - this date is after Mother's Day.) This giveaway is open to entrants 18 and older worldwide, but the prize must be sent to an address in the United States.
To enter the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter below! The giveaway ends on Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at 11:59 pm EST. If you are one of the winners, Frugal Follies will contact you via the Rafflecopter email you have provided. If you do not respond within 48 hours, you will be ruled ineligible to win the prize, and another winner will be chosen. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
(This post was brought to you by Teleflora. I was compensated for this giveaway. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)