A few weeks ago, a reader noted that we eat out or get takeout most Sunday nights and asked for tips on eating out cheap. Here are a few strategies we use to get coupons and gift cards for restaurants:
- Major restaurant chains often have coupons available in the Sunday coupon inserts. We regularly find coupons for restaurants like Sweet Tomatoes (my children's favorite!) and Steak 'N Shake.
- Another source for restaurant coupons are those in local newspapers and magazines. We get a local free newspaper every week, and several magazines covering my city come out each month. There are often good coupons in these mailers.
- Also, we often get mailed sets of coupons for all sorts of services, including restaurants.
- Sometimes we even get small gift certificates to restaurants in the mail!
- Some restaurants offer printable coupons if you join their email list. For instance, Hardee's is currently offering a free small fries and drink when you order their 1/3 lb. hamburger, and Jamba Juice is offering a 16 oz smoothie for only $2.00. Check restaurant websites for more offers like these.
- Restaurant.com sells $25 restaurant gift certificates for $10 or less. You have to read the fine print, though - sometimes there is a minimum table order of $35 or even $50.
- Also look for restaurant gift card giveaways on blogs. Enter them, and with a little luck, you might win! Frugal Follies will be hosting a giveaway for a LongHorn Steakhouse gift card soon - be on the lookout for that!
Monday - Picadillo over brown rice
Tuesday - black bean chili over pasta
Wednesday - Char Crust Salmon and Vegetables with bread
Thursday - veggie burritos
Friday - baked chicken breasts, pasta with garlic and oil, salad
Saturday - macaroni and cheese, veggie sticks
Sunday - takeout!
See Menu Plan Monday for more menus!
(This post is brought to you by avira antivirus premium. Avira is the precision engineered antivirus since 1986. Avira Antivirus Premium is a perfect fit for single users of home and school PC’s. It has most of the layers you need from a real-time Antivirus Solution. Couple this one with our MalwareBytes Solution and you have some serious protection! This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)